Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Walmart Abortions?

In a second state Walmart pharmacies are being forced to carry the morning after pill.

I understand pharmacies need to be regulated and indeed it may be considered a privilege to operate one. But detailing what a pharmacy must carry is ridiculous. There are no reasonable life or death situations that can arise from a pharmacy not stocking specific drugs and that's all the way from controversial morning after pills to vicodin.

Seriously, this is analogous to telling a physician he has to perform a specific type of elective procedure. This is a convenience issue. There are no legitimate concerns about patient care or pharmacies' ethical obligations to community health.

I'll leave you with this:
"I'm proud to be able to tell my patients that they now can go anywhere for their prescriptions," said one of the plaintiffs, Dr. Rebekah Gee, 30, of Boston. "My patients should not have to shop around."
I'll just stare dumbfounded at the quote for a while and then go back to biochemistry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home