Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, January 06, 2006

Back Into The OR With Sharon

More bleeding in Sharon's brain caused him to be taken back to the OR.

Medical experts said that even if Sharon pulled through, his faculties could be seriously impaired, making a return to work impossible. His deputy Ehud Olmert was named acting prime minister on Wednesday after Sharon fell ill.

Here's some predictors of disability after strokes.

There is hope however that Sharon's drive for peace, for which I've always given him much credit, can survive him.

A poll Friday by the Market Watch Institute showed two-thirds of Israelis favor a continuation of Sharon's policies regarding the Palestinian territories.

Meanwhile, the crackpot Pat Robertson called Sharon's stroke a strike from God,
Sharon was personally a very likable person, and I am sad to see him in this condition, but I think we need to look at the Bible and the Book of Joel. The prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who 'divide my land'...[He] was dividing God's land, and I would say: Woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course...
I support Israel and its right to exist but I always thought that they were never to make peace solely by arms; they would have to make some concessions and Sharon was willing to do that. It was a very noble step and if it was to fail because of continued Palestinian violence then I'd wish nothing but for every Palestinian 'freedom fighter' to be wiped out but at least he made a giant effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home