Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, August 05, 2005

Vocabulary

I'm posting a lot today. Trying to make up for lost time.

I've come to understand a big reason why doctor's are revered as intelligent. It's true medical school is tough to get into and difficult to complete, although that's a comparative statement. But, it's hard for the general public to appreciate that.

I think one thing, of many, that forms people's impressions of medicine as a group of smart people is the vocabulary of the physician.

I've been in class a week, and I can already say something like, "the erector spinae muscle masses, of which the iliocostalis is the most lateral, are deep to the serratus posterior inferior."

That tells me almost nothing important but it sure sounds cool...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home